The Hawaiian Islands
Aloha, e komo mai
The Hawaiian Islands are one of the most geographically isolated places on earth, over 2,400 miles and nearly 4,000 km to the closest landmass, which is California, USA. Born of a volcanic hotspot rising from the sea floor of the Pacific Ocean, the Hawaiian archipelago formed nearly 75 million years ago, with the eldest islands of the chain long since eroded and submerged beneath the sea’s surface to the northwest and the youngest of the islands still forming beneath the sea’s surface to the south east.
This unique history of formation and isolation has given rise to breathtaking and extraordinary wonders. Perfect white sand beaches, abundant reefs, towering waterfalls, lush valleys, snow-capped mountains and fiery hot volcanic cauldrons captivate the hearts of those who visit as well as those who call this beautiful place home. A special culture has evolved from the unique natural environment of these islands. Native Hawaiians are the host culture here, and the values of Aloha have laid the foundation for the Hawaii we have today. Since the 1700s, peoples of various cultures have been arriving on these shores, bringing their foods, their music and their ways of life.
Today Hawaii is a bold showcase for farm-to-table fusion cuisine, culturally conscious fashion and innovation. Visitors will find themselves spoiled for options between romantic boutique getaways and family friendly five star resorts. High-end retailers have put Hawaii on the map of world-class shopping destinations, and Hawaii’s passionate chefs have created a foodie frenzy here. As far forward as Hawaii has evolved, those looking for a walk back in time can still find Old Hawaii tucked away off the beaten paths. And the ancient stories still exist in the lovely hula hands of dancers who have given themselves as keepers of the culture.
- Rediscover Maui in a newly renovated Premium room plus dine at the newest beachfront restaurant on island.
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,159
- Hawaiian Escape from only $999 in 2021– SAVE $500 per couple on all dates! 7-day two island guided tour with inter-island flight!
- Save 15% on Shaka Guide’s Island Tour Bundles. Use Code Hawaiidotcom15 and book on www.shakaguide.com.
- Emperor’s Emporium has the largest selection of island-inspired jewelry, clothing and Red Dirt shirts, gifts. Buy 2 Get 3rd item FREE - Store only
- Shaka Guide: Choose from 21 Socially-Distanced Audio Tours
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Maui's Best Luau
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! Up to 25% Off Best Available Hotel Rates.
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour in 2021 from $2,099
- Must Try Snacks. Hand picked by your Island Favorites
- From $1,319 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- From $1,539 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical